Monday 5 November 2012

The ten minute rule...

Discipline, its something I struggle with, giving it that is. I find myself either feeling bad because I've upset my children or I'm trying to stifle my laughter when mid flow my nearly 3 year old calls me Stinky Pete or tells me to behave. I fear I've said "no" too any times for silly things in the past that now its lost its meaning.

I was talking to my cousin about it and she told me about her ten minute rule. It's a way for grading telling offs. So I now ask myself, will it matter in ten minutes? Will it matter in ten hours? Will it matter in ten days? So I "tell off" according to the grading. It seems to be going well so far, I haven't  been called Stinky Pete for a while but I do get told to be quiet, but I comfort myself with the fact that he says please.


No comments:

Post a Comment