Tuesday 6 March 2012

Folds of time


I am a highly emotional person and this only got worse once I became a mummy. Just looking at my beautiful boys can reduce me to tears in a second. Last night I was reading my book and started crying at this beautifully written passage (reminiscing about her now 19 year old son):

" How thin and near-transparent the folds of time are. I could almost step through them into another dimension, where the child Jasper would put his hot, sticky small hand in mine, dragging me towards the swingboats, or to ride his favourite giraffe on the little roundabout..."

My boys are still at the hot, sticky hand stage and the thought that one day they won't reach out to put their little hand in mine burns right through my heart. Time really is so precious. I used to get sick of people telling me when my first son was born to make the most of every moment because it goes so quickly, but my god, how right they all were.

2 comments:

  1. hi it's Mrs_ruby_cooper i haven't got an account yet, how true those word's are i have two grown p boy's and your are right the time you have with them when they are young is so short, at the time it doesn't feel it, but you really must savour every minute, mine are now 20 and 17.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they still live at home? Have you started creating a blog yet? You must let me know when its up and running x

    ReplyDelete