Wednesday 7 March 2012

Tidy, tidy, tidy

As a mum I find myself constantly tidying toys up. My husbands philosophy is to not bother, but I just cannot leave them strewn everywhere for all eternity (his other philosophies include, putting dirty clothes next to the laundry basket, doing the washing-up so badly he isn't asked again, creating such gems as chicken nugget curry and tuna surprise - the surprise being he added green food colouring - so he is never asked to cook again and finally, putting up smoke alarms with sellotape and if that fails, blu-tack!).

I admit that I probably am a little obsessive about tidying up toys, I just like to have a clear path in which to walk and not break my neck by slipping on a racing car. I also find it strangely therapeutic, yes I think that my life has reached the point where I am getting pleasure from putting building blocks back in the toy basket.

But on a less neurotic note, I think its great for the children that their toys keep getting put back in place, just so they can keep emptying them again!





No comments:

Post a Comment